MANUAL//PDF

Zengirl2

MANUAL//PDF

Post by Zengirl2 »

I cannot find any manual or any information on size and length of halyards and sheets. All help is appreciated! If I go online, and they calculate it for you, it doesn't include the length from the mast to the cockpit traveler. The amount of information put out by this people when the boat was first produced is so so minimal. I have a 1985 (Hoyt) 32' Freedom.

Camino

Re: MANUAL//PDF

Post by Camino »

If your current rig is intact, measure the existing halyard(s) - splice a small diameter messenger line to the halyard you want to measure. Sew the two ends together with a couple of stitches (see you tube), carefully pull the halyard through with the messenger line. Measure the halyard once it’s all down and pull the messenger line back through so the original halyard is back in place or leave the messenger line there while you go buy the right length. With the new halyard again sew the end to the messenger line and pull slowly to place it. Cut the splice and you’re set....

Doesn’t take long and it’s fun
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

Zengirl2

Post by Zengirl2 »

Yes, well, that's how I'll replace all my lines. I was hoping there was a list of feet for each halyard and sheet so I could just go buy it all and then replace. Oh, well, but thanks for your input. :)

Grimsby_Alan

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

There is a list of all the various lines including lengths, diameters and types. I’m not sure if I got it from this forum or if i have a copy. I will look through my stuff and if i find it I will send it to you.
Cheers,
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

Grimsby_Alan

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

I’ve tried to attach the PDF of the manual. If it works, the info you are looking for is on page 41.
Freedom_Manual (1).pdf
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

Thanks Alan! Downloaded just fine.
That’s the first chance I’ve had to see the manual.Ssre to be very helpful.
Dale
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost